You are eligible to apply for this summer semester scholarship as long as you are a freshman, sophomore, or junior in high school!
(Make sure to read all the way to the bottom for steps to get started!)
Pre-College Art Experience
· Choose up to 4 classes from our list of 50+
· Take classes online OR onsite
· Earn college credit
· Begin building your skills AND your portfolio!
· Application - free (covered by a scholarship from Academy of Art University)
· Tuition - free (covered by a scholarship from Academy of Art University)
· Supplies- depends on what class(es) you choose (out of pocket)
· Housing - optional, please inquire for more details (out of pocket)
#1. Create portfolio work!
Many scholarships and universities require a portfolio for acceptance or additional funding.
#2. Get a better understanding of the major(s) of your interest.
Find out if you actually like it!
#3. Earn 1 college credit per Pre-College class!
Classes (with a grade of C or better) are guaranteed to transfer in to Academy of Art University if you take at least 3 Pre-College classes. They will count at 3 elective credits. You can earn up to 6 elective credits with this program.
#4. This is a scholarship program.
The scholarship covers the cost of the application and tuition.
Steps to get started:
1) Review general details and dates here:
2) Search for Classes:
IMPORTANT- Make sure to select the following in the far right column of the Course Catalog:
- Onsite or Online (depending on your preference)
- Summer 2016
- Then press the blue SEARCH button – you will see the classes below.
3) Apply for free here:
4) Last step, call one of our Pre-Admissions Advisors to complete your registration once you submit your Pre-College Application. The number is 415-618-8203.
Hurry, classes are filling up!
We look forward to speaking with you and your parents.
Academy of Art University
79 New Montgomery St | San Francisco, CA 94105
Toll Free: 800-544-2787
Direct Phone: 415-618-8203 | Fax: 415-618-6287