This summer we have 2 optional photo field trips that DMAA students can attend. Read field trip and itinerary information below and please register on the link provided. If your student is special needs, is irresponsible, has trouble following directions, or tends to wander off, the student’s parent must attend the trip. Please bring cash or credit card (No checks). If your family cannot pay for the trip, but you really want to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All parents and siblings are welcome to attend all events, but the same costs apply. Don't forget to bring permission slip, walking shoes, all your photo equipment, charged batteries and a memory card. Permission slips are at the bottom of this page.
DMAA SUMMER PHOTO WORKSHOP REGISTRATION
JULY 1- PHOTO TRIP TO SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO & SAN CLEMENTE (9:30am- 6pm)
Come join us as we photograph the historic cities of San Juan Capistrano and San Clemente. Cost is $20 per person, plus money for food (Train- $10, Mission- $10). We will not be going in the water in San Clemente.
JULY 1- PHOTO TRIP TO SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO & SAN CLEMENTE ITINERARY (9:30am- 6pm)
• 9:30 am: Meet at the Anaheim Canyon Metrolink Station-1039 N. Pacificenter Dr, Anaheim, CA 92806.
• 9:30- 9:45 am: Review EDHS behavioral expectations and procedures and collect permission slips. Students purchase train tickets.
• 10:07 am- Train leaves Anaheim Canyon Station.
• 11:00 am: Train arrives in San Juan Capistrano.
• 11 am –noon: Visit old adobe homes and San Juan historical sites on the west side of the tracks.
• 12pm- 1pm: Eat at local pizzeria.
• 1pm – 3pm: Visit mission.
• 3:21 pm: Board train for San Clemente Pier.
• 3:36 pm: Arrive at San Clemente Pier.
• 3:40 pm – 4:40 pm: Walk the pier, get an ice cream or coffee. No going in the ocean!
• 4:47 pm: Board train for Anaheim Canyon Station.
• 5:42 pm: Arrive at Anaheim Canyon Station.
• 5:45- 6pm: Parents pick up kids. Do not leave until you are checked out with teacher.
JULY 22- OC FAIR PHOTO SHOOT OUT (11:30am- 5pm)This is truly a fun event! Your mission is to take images at the fair that relate to the fair theme. Winners receive a prize. Event takes place on Sunday, July 22nd. There is a limited amount of free tickets for this event, so you must sign up EARLY online starting at 8 am on July 2nd (Second link below). If you are not accepted into the contest, you must pay for an OC Fair entry ticket ($10). Please bring additional money for fair food and rides. See the itinerary and download the permission slip (attached below).
OC FAIR PHOTO SHOOT OUT ITINERARY (11:30am- 5pm):
• Sign up EARLY for the OC Fair Shoot Out online at 8am on July 2nd- Signup Link Here
• July 22nd @ 11:30 am: Meet at the judging booth in the OC Fair Visual Arts Gallery.
• 12 – 2:30 pm: Take pictures at the OC Fair!
• 2:30 pm – 3pm: Meet back at the judging booth in the OC Fair Visual Arts Gallery and download your contest entry.
• 3 pm – 4 pm: Photo contest ceremony
• 4 pm – 5pm: Dinner & fun in the park
• 5 pm: Parents pick up students at the Main Blue Gate Entrance (or make plans with your children as you see fit)